!

24 May 2011

[Trans] Solo Interview from Ori☆Star : Wooyoung, Junsu




Jpn-Eng: sakiHa @2pmalways | Edit by Egle @2pmalways | Scans by Yooko_11

Wooyoung, who inspires people and makes everyone happy!

I want to be an honest youth forever.

Q. What made you choose the entertainment world?
W.: I was 15 when I first went to an audition, but I began dancing long before that. I created choreography moves and had a show at school. Dance has always been a part of my life.

Q. You're also a vocalist of 2PM, do you have any persistence?
W.: Since I love R&B songs, I want to express that taste through my singing. And I try not to speak for 2 hours after I wake up, so that my throat would rest. I spend 30 to 40 minutes every single day stretching my throat. I also refrain from eating salty and spicy food.

Q. Wow, you are stoic! But I see you as an energetic and happy person in the group. You give people happiness.
W.: You do? I don't try to make people laugh, but I like people laughing and enjoying good mood. Yet I am very shy and not good at expressing myself. (laughs)

Q. Is it true?
W.: I am not good at telling how I feel. For example, I feel happy to hear the voices of my family members, but I cannot tell them that I am happy. However, I am trying to be honest with expressing my feelings now.

Q.: As a member of 2PM, which part of you do you want to show the most?
W.: In Japan, many of you sees us as "beastly idols", but I want you to know of our inner side too. I want to show a part of me which is more appropriate to my age.

Wooyoung is...
Chan: with a great sense of humour that makes people laugh.
Junsu: Cute!
Junho: Very funny.
Nichkhun: a Mother.
Taec: Funny.



2PM’s genius lead vocalist Junsu

I announced to my family that I'm going to be a singer when I was 10.

Q: Listening to Stevie Wonder’s song made you want to become a singer, right?
JS: That’s right. When I was around 10 years old, I listened to a song called “Lately” for the first time. I was so touched and decided to be a singer. I was so into Teddy Pendergrass and Whitney Houston. I mainly listened to female singers’ songs.

Q: When did you compose your first piece?
JS: That was when I was in the 1st year in high school. I composed a ballad in music class.

Q: As a lead vocalist in 2PM, what do you think is the most important when you need to express something?
JS: Firstly, I think that the whole performance is important, not only the dance and acrobatics, of course, we need the rap and chorus too. The 6 of us need each other to make one performance. When we perform together, we can exchange our energy. Each of us gives energy to others.
Q: Then, what do you think is important when you do solo activities?
JS: I think that is for doing different types of music compared to that of 2PM. I guess I can balance both group activities and solo activities because I do both.

Q: What are your good and bad points?
JS: My good point is that I am a very positive person. Bad point is that I am very forgetful.
Junsu is
Chan: to put it simply, he is a funny, music lover.
Junho: good at singing!
Wooyoung: able to read the mood and amuse people.
Nichkhun: an uncle.
Taec: Innocent

0 comments:

Post a Comment