!

06 July 2011

[TRANS] Jane de Aquino, one of the models in the Hands Up MV, told us what meeting 2PM was like!






2PM’s long-awaited comeback was a success. They returned with the “Hands Up” MV on June 21st, and their single has already the top of Korean charts! In the beginning of July, the song received an award! First place on Inkigayo, a show on SBS Korea, showing performances of the “hottest” artists in Korea, awarding them based on popularity.

Not only that, but the “Hands Up” MV surpassed 2.5 million views on YouTube! The best thing about all of it: they have a Brazilian model in the video! Friends who recognized her took us to her, and she’s going to tell us what it was like being part of the filming of a video that became popular around the world!

Her name is Jane de Aquino, and she currently lives in South Korea.


Hello, Jane! Hottests will be shocked when they find out there’s a Brazilian girl in the MV, after all, Korea is very from us! How was your trip here? Tell us about your work.

Hello! I had worked as a model in Brazil for some time, and Korea was a destination chosen for me by my agency. They have good relationships with agencies from around the world, and they spoke about a Korean agency for my profile. The labour market is good here, so it makes many of us travel across the ocean. I signed a contract for 6 months and arrived in Korea in February. I loved Seoul from the start! Koreans are very friendly, the city is well planned, safe and full of attractions. The night life is bustling and shopping is paradise for consumers. The work is also very good. I’ve done many editorials, videos and catalogues since I arrived.

The Hands Up MV was filmed in Singapore?

No, the video was shot in Seoul in a huge studio set up like a real club, located an hour away from Seoul.

Did you already know about 2PM’s work?

I only knew one song, and I honestly had no idea how famous they were.

What do you think about the group now that you know them?

Since then I’ve downloaded many songs and I’ve seen several MVs. I love their work, their music, their dances… ah! They’re handsome, too!!

Did you like the song “Hands Up”?

Yes!!! I listen to it all the time! I don’t stop playing it on my iPod. They already call me “Hands Up girl“ here!

How was the filming process and what did the directors expect from you?

I did several scenes. They mostly asked me to smile and dance excitedly. In another scene, I had to talk to another model, and lastly my favourite scene was alongside Taecyeon, I just had to smile and look at him from time to time.

Due to the nature of your work, you had to learn other languages, right? How many languages do you speak?

I learned English, Spanish, Italian, and now some Korean.

During the filming, what language was used?

Korean, but I had a translator and another 3 models would explain the scenes to me in English.

Did the members of 2PM come to talk to you?

Yes. When I did a scene dancing behind them, they said “hi” and “ipudah” which means “pretty”. When I did my scene with Taec he asked me where I was from, I said I was from Brazil and he exclaimed “samba, samba!” (laughs)

What was your impression of them?

At first, they were a little shy, but they were always smiling. They’re very professional, even when we had to repeat scenes a few times, they were still excited. They had lunch with everyone in the cafeteria backstage. In short, I found them to be endearing.


cr. Sara Bee @sarabeeprime (interviewer)
source bestof2pm@wordpress
picture from http://www.janedeaquino.com/
translated by Feathergun @ W2D
http://wild2day.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10174

0 comments:

Post a Comment