!

21 January 2011

[TRANS] 2PM for Seventeen Magazine (Japan)



The Debut of a Group of Good Looking Guys
Landing in Japan

Because of their tempestuous dances, an average height of 180.8cm and their wild looks,
they're called, "Beast Idols" and now 2PM, who are in the midst of their big break in Korea,
are finally commencing their activities in Japan!

Photographer: Miura Daisuke
Stylist: Park Yuna
Hair/Makeup: Yang Hyoungshim


[Ommited introductory information]

When we actually met all the members, we were astonished by the length of their arms and legs and the smallness of their faces! To begin, the photographer asked them to jump and (Taecyeon) replied to this first staff request with a smile saying "Please trust us with this, it's our strong point." Their extremely high jump was too cool~

Without delay, please tell us your own personality in one statement !
Junsu: I'm a nice guy!
Nichkhun: I guess I'm thoughtful.
Junho: I'm like fire.
Chansung: So cool!!
Taecyeon: I'm optimistic and proactive.
Wooyoung: I'm meticulous.


The Strongest Bodies of the KPOP World
2PM


Their individual personalities are diverse but these six people are very close. Even now, they're living together in the same dorm. Well, here are there messages to Japan's high-school girls heartemo.png:

Junsu: Although it’s important to have fun, if you have a dream, I think the coolest thing is to take on that challenge of your dream. As you go towards your dream, fighting! (Do your best!)

Junho: You’re in the most important time of your own life so it’s essential to make friends who you will fit with for the rest of your life.

Taecyeon: It’s important to study but I want you to have fun and make memories happily!

Wooyoung: Let’s have fun, yeah!

Nichkhun: I want you to experience anything and everything. So that you won’t become an adult and be burdened with regret, I think it’s good to do whatever you want. Provided you earn the approval of your parents.

Chansung: Errr… I’ve completely said everything I wanted to say (laughs). Hmm, read books, that’s what [I want to say]. I regret not having read books [in the past] but I’m reading now because of that.

The Main Vocal with a Pleasant Disposition
Junsu
Profile:
Born on 1/15/1988
Blood Type: A
Height: 180cm
Weight: 68kg


Q: If you were to assign a ‘catch-phrase’ to yourself [what would it be]?
A: “I am me.” Because I do things at my own pace.

Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: The members tell me that I’m like the family uncle. I wonder why? (laughs)

Q: The type of girl you like?
A: An honest and gentle person who’s eyes look pretty when she smiles. Kinda like me, right? (laughs)

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: Singing!

Q: Your ideal Christmas date?
A: I always spend Christmas time with the other members so I can’t think of anything… Please come and hang out at 2PM’s dorm!

Personal Item Check! >>> iPad
I got it as a present. All my data is on this. The wallpaper is the picture that was [originally] configured by the fans who gave this to me.



The Internationalist born in America
Nichkhun
Profile:
Born on 6/24/1988
Blood Type: O
Height: 180cm
Weight: 64kg



Q: If you were to assign a ‘catch-phrase’ to yourself [what would it be]?
A: “I’m a foreigner (laughs)” Because my father is Thai and my mother is Chinese-American and I, myself, was born in America.

Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: I guess I’m the grandpa. When the members are loud or not doing their chores, it’s my duty to scare them. Even though I’m young (laughs).

Q: The type of girl you like?
A: A person who is gentle, cute, and respects her parents is nice.

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: Foreign languages. I can speak English, Korean, Chinese and Thai.

Personal Item Check! >>> Pill Case
Recently, I’m busy so I lack sleep and I’m not able to eat very often either and I’m the type that’s liable to become malnourished. So, to work energetically, I take vitamins.


There's a Hidden Passion Within His Smiling Face
Junho
Profile:
Born on 1/25/1990
Blood Type: A
Height: 178cm
Weight: 67kg


Q: If you were to assign a ‘catch-phrase’ to yourself [what would it be]?
A: “If you watch me closely, I’m fascinating (laughs)”

Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: I’m the adolescent son. Because I’m self-willed and I hate to lose.

Q: The type of girl you like?
A: Because, at that time [when I meet a girl] I could come to like a completely different type, I’d just have to decide based on my feelings at that time.

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: Acrobatics.

Q: Recently, what are you interested in?
A: I’ve gotten into composing. In the future, when 2PM release an album, it’s my dream to be able to include my own songs so I’m practicing from now on.

Personal Item Check! >>> Movie Recorder
I record my dance lessons and acting practices. But, even though I take great pains to record, I get embarrassed and delete everything (laughs).


The Magnae with a Lovable Character
Chansung
Profile:
Born on 2/11/1990
Blood Type: A
Height: 184cm
Weight: 75kg


Q: If you were to assign a ‘catch-phrase’ to yourself [what would it be]?
A: “I’m the magnae (youngest)” Because I’m actually the youngest.

Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: Since I eat a lot and I don’t listen to instructions…. I’m the youngest child.

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: I’m skilled at making ramen. I add various ingredients from the market and make the broth.

Q: Your ideal Christmas date?
A: On Christmas, at Seoul’s Meyeongdong, there’s a “Kiss Time” so I would like to go there (bashful). When the time comes, the lights go out and everyone kisses.

Book
<<< Personal Item Check!

Recently, I’ve gotten into reading. This is the book I want to read next. The title is “Pigeon.” It’s a collection of short stories and a book written by an author I liked in the past.


The Member You Wildly Search For
Taecyeon
Born on 12/27/1988
Blood Type: AB
Height: 185cm
Weight: 76kg


Q: If you were to assign a ‘catch-phrase’ to yourself [what would it be]?
A: “Cornerstone.” Because I support the members a lot.

Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: My role is like the father that’s the mediator for everyone.

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: My strength cannot be beaten!

Q: The type of girl you like?
A: A genuine and glamorous girl. The members know what each others’ preferred type is (laughs).

Q: Tell us one of the member’s secrets that only you know!
A: There isn’t particularly a secret that only I know. We’re all close so there aren’t any secrets.

iPod Touch <<< Personal Item Check!
I like listening to music so I always carry it. I often listen to 2PM’s songs. I listen to the songs from the new album the most. I even shed tears while I listen.


An Unsung Hero-like Being
Wooyoung
Born on 4/30/1989
Blood Type: B
Height: 178cm
Weight: 65kg


Q: What’s your role amongst the members?
A: I guess I’m the nagging mother. Because I’m the kind of person who likes for everything to be completely clean.

Q: This is the one thing the other members can’t beat me in! What is it?
A: The flexibility of my body.

Q: The type of girl you like?
A: I often come to like a girl after talking to her so [I like] girls who I can converse with.

Q: Recently, what are you interested in?
A: Break dancing!

Q: Your ideal Christmas date?
A: I always spend Christmas together with the members so it’s hard for me to think of something (laughs)… I guess, after driving around, I’d like to go to a movie theater and munch on popcorn together heartemo.png

iPhone
<<< Personal Item Check!
We came for a photo-shoot today so I didn’t bring a bag with me and this is the only thing I have with me. The phone strap was a gift but I like simple motifs, like a music note or something.



T/N: The scans for this magazine feature can be found in this W2D thread

Source: Seventeen Magazine January Issue. pgs 126-127
SCANS courtesy of daegutang
Translated by oraday @ Wild2Day.org
May be taken out with credits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment