!

22 September 2011

[TRANS] 2PM Nichkhun's 'Seoul Diary' Part 8 - Trying and Trying - The Days of Growing Up



When I crossed the ocean to come try to live in Korea, I thought thoroughly about the challenges. I wasn't Korean, and if I was going to get their acceptance, I would have to try very hard. Especially to get close to my fellow trainees, including 2PM and 2AM, I had to really concentrate hard on learning Korean.

Hearing Korean from TV programs and the radio helped me immensely. And if my friends said words or phrases that I wasn't familiar with, I would just ask them, and this helped a lot. But it wasn't easy...but I didn't give up. My friends and the staff saw how I tried and they gave me lots of strength.

I was very ambitious because I wanted to do this myself, no one forced me to do it, so my drive was strong. I had to work harder than others, so I concentrated hard on learning Korean and practicing.

There were no guarantees that I would be successful. Even though I may have felt I wanted to give up, but for my family that encouraged me to go to Korea, for my friends, for the company that had faith in me, and for JYP hyung, I was going to give it all I had...I was going to try and try.

After debut, I often heard the phrase "looks older than his age," but this may have been because I was an international student, and I was away from my family for a long time so it forced me to grow up quickly. I deeply pondered about my life, and it would be bad if I just stopped, so for my dream, I had to try and try to the best that I could.

JYP hyung was a very important person to me. Sometimes he felt like an other brother and sometimes I respected him like a monk. He would always say to me "Don't try to be a good person, but you have to be a good person from the beginning. There's no need to put on a show." and he also said that "Always be humble. Don't forget where you came from."

JYP hyung and I talked a lot, from everyday things to deep conversations about music and about life. I have known him for a long time, and JYP hyung will do rather than just talk.

2PM members and I say that "He really is an entertainment from heaven, and he is very ambitious." When I see something like this, it makes me want to try even harder, and makes me want to make tomorrow better than yesterday.

Source: http://www.issuedaily.com/news/news_view.p...011091222174359
Translated by Loverzai @ 2pmalways (Kor-Thai) ; whiterose @ Wild2Day.org (Thai-Eng)
http://wild2day.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11213

0 comments:

Post a Comment